Groundhog day has come and gone, and we’re due for 6 more weeks of winter. If you’re tired of spending long days on the job site with frozen toes then it’s time to upgrade your work boots for winter to a pair of warmer, insulated boots. Whether you need a cold-resistant safety toe boot or are just looking for waterproof winter work boots, Thorogood® has you covered. When you spend the majority of your day hard at work on your feet, nothing beats a quality pair of men’s winter work boots. Except maybe a local brew at the end of the day. ????
The 7 Best Winter Work Boots
The type of winter work boot you’ll need will depend on your working conditions, area, and personal preference. Hot and sweaty feet can be as uncomfortable as having no insulation on a freezing job site. That’s why we compiled the best options for insulated work boots.
You don’t have to compromise on comfort when you choose an insulated boot. With 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulation, your feet will be warm without adding extra bulk or weight. For extreme cold conditions, or if you just feel the cold more than others, there’s a NASA-inspired lining that can hold in up to 50% more heat called SOLARCORE®. Thanks to improvements in technology, Thorogood® can blend style, durability, and warmth to create a winter work boot that’ll help you power through those long, dreary winters. Here’s some of our fan favorite footwear choices for dealing with the cold:
- V-Series 8” Crazyhorse Boots – These leather composite safety toe boots have 400g of 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulation and an outsole that is designed to be extremely durable and slip-resistant. A good-looking boot, they’ll transition from the job site to after work happy hour seamlessly and ensure that your feet are comfortable whether you’re hard at work or enjoying time with friends.
- Emperor Toe Series – If you’re working in mild winters but want extra space for a second pair of socks if temperatures drop, treat your feet to a pair of boots in the Emperor series. Offered in 3 heights and styles, these make the best winter work boots for those who don’t want insulated boots. Designed with a toe box that has extra width and height, you’ll be able to layer socks, wear a boot liner, and still have a protective composite toe box that doesn’t cramp your toes.
- Crosstrek Series 6” Hikers – When you’re looking to combine the comfort of an athletic shoe with the protection of a quality outdoor boot, these hikers blend both to keep your feet warm and dry even in cold winter conditions. With 400g of insulation and an aggressive outsole, you’ll have traction even when it’s slippery out. Check out the entire Crosstrek Series Here.
- Infinity FD Series Studhorse Boots – If your jobsite is primarily outdoors this winter, you’ll need the ultimate performance winter boot. These 9” 800g 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulated boots are waterproof and designed with a Flex-drive 51% welt construction that seamlessly combines stability and flexibility. An anti-fatigue energy system absorbs shock and keeps you comfortable for longer so you can end your day without sore feet.
- Infinity FD Series Drakar – If you like the more rugged style of an outdoor boot but don’t need as much insulation, check out the Drakar model. Choose between 7” and 9” heights and between uninsulated or 400 insulated grams. The Drakar offers ultimate durability and waterproof features to keep your feet dry if you’re working in the rain or snow, but also offers the breathability you need to prevent sweaty feet. Check the entire series out here.
- USA Logger Series – Job-fitted with a steel toe and a waterproof membrane, these 9” boots are supportive and comfortable, and no, you don’t have to work in logging to wear these. A Vibram outsole provides great traction and slip-resistance so you have a pair of men’s winter work boots that you can wear on the job site no matter what the task at hand entails. You’ll have the peace of mind that comes with wearing quality boots designed with your safety as a priority.
- For the ultimate multi-purpose outdoor winter boot, the Mountain Ridge boot with 2000g 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulation and SOLARCORE® lining is an extremely durable boot that you can wear for work, hunting, snowmobiling, or any other cold weather adventure. The reinforced toe guard and rubber outsole offer excellent traction and protection.